- Play golf on the beach side nine hole golf course
- A game of bowls can be found at one of the three bowls clubs in town
- Squash courts can be found at Soldiers Road
- If exercising at a gym is your style you have a choice of centres
- Enjoy the latest movies at the historic Summer Garden Cinema
View the bird life at Mullers Lagoon. More than 170 different species have been seen here.
Take a self guided walk around town to admire the town’s history in murals .
Drive up Flagstaff Hill where the 360 degree views from the lookout are spectacular. While there, visit the interpretive centre for a brief description of Bowen’s history, including the Catalina Flying Boats from World War II.
Town Services Clubs include:
- Lions Ladies Auxiliary
- Bowen Toastmasters